Friday, March 11, 2016

CrowdTap CrowdKit Mission: Garnier Whole Blends


I was picked for the Garnier Whole Blends CrowdKit Mission and boy was I ecstatic. I love trying different shampoos and conditioners and can't wait to see what all these gems have in store for me.   My kit contained 5 sample packs of Honey Treasures Repairing Shampoo and 5 sample packs of Honey Treasures Repairing Conditioner, 5 sample packs of Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo and 5 sample packs of Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Conditioner, last 5 sample packs Smoothing Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter Extracts Shampoo and 5 sample packs of Smoothing Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter Extracts Conditioner. Whole Blends also comes in a color care formula with Argan Oil & Cranberry Extracts. A nourishing formula that replenishes and restores containing Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Extracts. Last a refreshing formula of Green Apple & Green Tea Extracts that revitalizes and provides a shine boost.  As part of my of my mission I was asked to share with two friends. I chose to share a sample of each pack with my mother and niece. I hope they enjoy Wholesome Blends as much as I did. No let's see how it went.....


*Honey Treasures Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner*

I'm not too keen on honey products lately for some reason and I was caught off guard with this one. I absolutely loved the smell of this shampoo and conditioner . They are heavenly! This formula is meant to strengthen and heal damaged hair. There is royal jelly, honey and propolis extracts right in this natural blend product. It is paraben free and also comes in a repairing mask. The shampoo had a great lather and the conditioner was creamy, thick. Both applied well to my hair. I have had issues with severely dry hair and seeing a bit falling out. Therefore, I decided to use this strengthening formula first. My hair felt somewhat thicker as I was applying the shampoo. I had significant tangles before washing and the conditioner helped quite a bit with that. I was able to brush out my hair with my detangling brush somewhat quickly and seen less breakage. I would be interested to see my results if I was to use the Repairing Mask Treatment that is suggested for extra care on the back of the sample. Here is a picture of my hair afterwards.
My hair did seem stronger with the Honey Treasures formula. I didn't see much fall out while brushing. My hair is still its usual frizzy, curly self but stronger!


*Hydrating Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Extracts Shampoo & Conditioner*

The Hydrating line of Garnier Whole Blends consist of Indian Coconut Water and Madagascan Vanilla Milk Extracts. It is meant to quench and soften dry hair. I have curly/wavy hair and yes it stays pretty dry. That's a given. The smell is intoxicating. The conditioner even better than the shampoo. While brushing my hair after washing I kept getting a whiff. It kinda puts you in a romantic mood. My wet strands seem somewhat silkier. Usually my ends are dry before I even finish detangling my hair but with this formula they are still wet. This formula also offers a 2 in 1 shampoo and a hydrating mask. Now to the results...

...I can definitely tell a difference with the Hydrating formula. The end of my hair aren't as dry and my hair feels less coarse. Overall my hair is smooth and silky as curly hair gets. I'm loving it!


*Smoothing Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter Extracts Shampoo & Conditioner*

I decided to use the Smoothing formula on my daughters hair. She has beautiful hair and I wanted to see how well it worked on the frizz. We constantly get compliments on how gorgeous her hair is from strangers when we are out and about. The Smoothing line consist of South Pacific Coconut Oil and West African Cocoa Butter Extracts. These products are intended to tame and control frizzy hair. I used as directed on her hair. I felt her hair detangled very easily after washing. We both loved the scent. My daughter who is 6 said it made her want to drink out of a coconut. She is silly! This formula I would love to travel with me to the beach. You can also purchase a smoothing leave in Conditioner and a smoothing oil.  I took two before pictures of her and then an after the next day...
....this was probably my least favorite formula afterwards. It is meant to battle frizz but I didn't really see that happening with my daughters hair. She did sleep on it wet so I didn't get to witness the effects of the product line the same day. I'm curious if that would have made a difference and I'm interested in trying it again. I think she would have benefited from using the Smoothing Oil this line offers to battle her frizz. I would recommend the Conditioner for detangling purposes though. I always battle tangles with her hair but this formula left the hair almost tangle free. I only had to put the brush through her hair three times and I was done. That is pretty awesome for wavy/curly hair!

You can find out more about Garnier Whole Blends here:





No comments:

Post a Comment