Tuesday, January 19, 2016

THZY Dog Training Collar


Check out the my product review from Amazon.com.

Dog Training Collar - THZY Rechargeable LCD Remote Shock Control Pet Dog Training Collar with 100 Level of Vibration + 100 Level of Static Shock+ 1 Level Tone For Small Dog (Black) (Misc.) 

 This training collar for dogs does exactly what it claims to do. I was skeptical of using a training collar because I don't want to hurt my canine child. She is a smart and quick learner so the vibrating function worked just fine with her and we can avoid the shock function. This training collar is rechargeable, waterproof and expandable to two dogs. 


When you first receive the collar you have to charge the controller and the receiver collar for a while. Both require 6 hours of charging. We are on day four and have not had to recharge them yet. 

There are little prongs on the inside of the receiver so I just take my girls collar off at bedtime to avoid irritating her. This comes with a black receiver collar or you can fit it on your own. We just put the receiver on our dogs old collar.

 The package also includes a remote controller and test bulb. The instructions on how to use are simple to follow. Both controller and receiver have a power saving function. The controller will enter sleep mode after 2-3 minutes of non use. You just press the mode button for 1 second to start it up. The receiver has a little red light that will light up every 5 seconds when it's on. The receiver will also enter sleep mode after 20 seconds of non movement. Any movement will wake it up. The controller has multiple functions including 100 levels of vibration, 100 levels of static (shock),a tone function and an LED light selection. There is an up and down button to change the intensity of static or vibrations. 

We got this collar for the purpose of training our dog to stop barking at other dogs from our front window. She has also gotten really bad about taking food from my toddler, right out of my toddlers mouth at times. Our dog is pretty sweet and well behaved but we wanted to modify this behavior. I originally started at level 50 vibration for her which was totally not needed. I gave it a try on different levels and found level 5 of vibration works just fine for her. She doesn't really pay attention to the tone function just kinda looks around. I then tried the collar when she was attempting to take my daughters lunch. It was in sleep mode and I accidentally utilized the shock mode . It was only on level 9 and goes up to 100. She yelped out in pain and ran out the kitchen and up the staircase. I will never again use that function. But, I must say it worked because she stayed by my side in the kitchen when she moseyed back down and left my toddlers food alone. I would never suggest the static/shock option unless your dog was attacking somebody or something. Just seemed cruel to me. This collar was suitable for our needs and we will continue with the vibrating function. It worked really well and I'm glad we made this purchase.



Disclaimer: I purchased this product at a discount in return for my honest review. All opinion's are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment